- About Flashcard Wizard - The about dialog box.
- Flashcard Wizard Help - Help information for Flashcard Wizard
- Version History - This contains three items. First the Version History
feature opens a dialog box containing a list of all changes made to the various
versions of Flashcard Wizard. Second, there is the Online Bug Report feature
which allows users to download directly into Flashcard Wizard a list of bugs
found in the current version with descriptions and severity. Finally, there
is the Online Update Info feature which allows user to download directly into
Flashcard Wizard information about the most recent update available of Flashcard
Wizard and what main features are available in the most recent version.
- New Set... This will create a new set. You will be prompted for field
font and name information, the number of fields, the location to save the
set, and whether you wish to set "edit via prompt" as default. Doing
so will automatically open the "Add Card" window when you open the
- Open Set... This will open a Flashcard Wizard set. Note, this will
open only Flashcard Wizard files. You must first import files at aren't created
in Flashcard Wizard.
- Open Recent - This lists the 10 most recently open sets. Choosing
one of these will open the set. You may clear this list by choosing the "Clear
Recent" item from the bottom of the menu.
- Close Set - If there is a set open, this will close it, prompting
you to save any changes that were made.
- Save Set - This will save a set if it is open and has been modified.
- Revert... - This will revert a set back to its most previously saved
- Backup - You may create a backup copy of the currently open set by
choosing "Set" from this menu or the current user and all of its
sets by choosing "User & User Sets" from this menu.
- Preferences - Access all the preferences from this sub menu. See
Customizing Flashcard Wizard
- Reset Preferences... - This resets all the preferences except for
default fonts back to their factory settings.
- Import Set... - This allows you to import a tab, comma, space, or
group delimited file into Flashcard Wizard. You may also indicate a number
of lines you wish Flashcard Wizard to skip before beginning to read the file.
- Export Set... - This allows you to export any Flashcard Wizard file
as a tab, comma, or group delimited text file as well as over a dozen other
- Batch Import... - If you wish to import an entire folder of files
use this menu command.
- Batch Export... - If you wish to export an entire folder of Flashcard
Wizard files, use this menu command.
- Show Tools - You can hide/show the toolbar or tool window by using
this menu command.
- Quit - Quits Flashcard Wizard. If changes were made to the currently
open set, you will be asked if changes should be saved.
- Cut - Cuts the currently selected text.
- Copy - Copies the currently selected text.
- Paste - Pastes the currently selected text.
- Special Paste - This sub-menu will allow you to paste full entries
into your sets at once from other locations. These other entries can be delimited
with space, comma, tab, or any other character. You may use the "Default
Special Paste" to paste entries using the default delimiter as chosen
in the general preferences. Other common delimiters have their own special
paste feature. Finally, one or more entries from the freeware Japanese Dictionary
application MacJDic may also be pasted in if you select whole lines from the
dictionary's search result.
- Merge - This will merge the currently open set with another set.
The merged set will be saved as a third set, leaving the first two sets untouched.
- Flashcards - This will begin flashcard study for the currently open
set. See Flashcard Study for more information.
- Add Cards... - This will open the "Add Cards" window for
the current set allowing you to add new entries to the set.
- Set Properties... - This will open the Set Properties window where
you can change the fonts, field names, and other aspects of the set.
- View as List - This will toggle the visibility of the List view for
the currently open set.
- Edit Set List - This sub menu allows you to modify the set in various
ways. "Edit Item" will open the "Add Card" window at the
entry which is selected. "Delete Item/s" will delete the selected
item/s. "Insert Entry in Field" will insert a blank line in one
of the fields. Useful if your fields are "out of synch." "Delete
Entry in Field" does the opposite, deleting one line from a chosen field.
If you wish to delete an entire entry, use the "Delete item/s" instead.
"Remove Duplicates" will search one field for duplicates and delete
them. "Create Sub-List" will make a new set of the selected entries.
"Change Comment..." will change the comment for the selected entries.
This is especially useful for changing the comments of multiple entries without
using the "Add Card" window.
- Window Size - This allows you to adjust the list view window size.
- Set Doctor - This will open the Set Doctor window for manual editing
of sets and repair of corrupt sets.
- About This Set... - This menu item shows the signature of the currently
open set and allows you to change or add a signature. You may also load signatures
that have been previously saved. The signature includes information including:
Name, Subject, Author, Organization, Link, Email, and Comments.
- New User... - This will create a new user. You must give it a name,
determine the TTF schedule, and assign a password if choose to do so.
- Load User... - This will load a Flashcard Wizard user. This must
be done before Interval Study can commence.
- Recent Users - This lists the ten most recently opened users, providing
a quick method to load these users.
- Interval Flashcards - This begins interval flashcard study.
- Add User Set - This will add a set to the list of user sets. If the
option key is held down, a whole folder of sets can be added.
- User Sets - This will open the "User Sets" window where
user sets can be added, opened, and statistics concerning them can be inspected.
- User Properties - This menu command will open the User Properties
window where you can change a user's TTF schedule, password, or manually edit
the user file (not recommended).
- User Log & Stats - This will open the User Log and Statistics
menu which lists any log information for the current user and displays interval
study statistics including the stages and days for study of all current user
- Recent User Sets - This lists recently open user files for this user.
Back to Flashcard Wizard Help Page